Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] 1.1 .so version number
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-09 12:49:54

Brice Goglin, le Mon 08 Nov 2010 16:57:44 +0100, a écrit :
> Le 08/11/2010 15:38, Jeff Squyres a écrit :
> > Short version:
> > --------------
> >
> > I have not looked closely -- I *think* APIs have been added and changed since v1.0. As such, I *think* the libtool .so version number for 1.1 should be 1:0:0.
> >

> I don't think any function behavior changed.

I don't think either.

> But the object structure has been extended, cache attributes were
> extended,

Extension is not a problem, provided that offsets are still the same
(i.e. the old C structure appears first in the new C structure)

> machine attributes were removed.

That is not a problem here. The attr field of hwloc_obj will be NULL,
that's all, the application won't ever read it anyway.

I don't see anything else that we removed (that's why you have added
cpuset aliases actually).

Samuel