Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] 1.1 .so version number
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-09 12:47:52

Jeff Squyres, le Mon 08 Nov 2010 15:38:31 +0100, a écrit :
> The last one is what I'm not sure about, but what I'm inferring from Samuel's statement about "API breaks".

Actually you can have an API break without an ABI break. Here, old
applications should work fine. They'll just not be able to reach the
DMI strings, as they're now in "infos". But they won't crash since
attrs will just be empty. So I believe we can use 1:0:1. That's why we
have kept aliases in src/cpuset.c for, actually.

Samuel