Subject: [hwloc-devel] gather-topology.sh and rpm
From: Jirka Hladky (jhladky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-30 19:44:30

Hi all,

since gather-topology.sh is nice script to help debug problems I was thinking
to add it to the rpm.

However, path to the lstopo is set to the absolute build path:

abs_top_builddir="/home/jhladky/tests/performance/hwloc/hwloc-1.0.2"
lstopo="$abs_top_builddir/utils/lstopo"

so it will no work after installation from rpm package (lstopo is in
/usr/bin/lstopo)

I would propose to modify the script to look first for installed lstopo using
"which" command.

Or perhaps we can have two versions of this script
-one for testing with hard-wired path to lstopo
-another general version suitable for rpm where we will take first lstopo in
the $PATH (achieved by which command)

Any comments/ideas on that?

Thanks!
Jirka