Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] roadmap
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-19 14:06:21

It's been 3 weeks since we discussed the membind interface. How far are
we from an acceptable API? Is there anything missing apart from
documentation updates? Should I revert the cpumembind stuff?

I'd like some feedback about the distance API too. The internal
implementation isn't perfect yet, but we need to know what if the API is
ok. I know some people want this so please have a look at:

http://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/hwloc/browser/branches/distances/include/hwloc.h#L363
and some helpers at:

http://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/hwloc/browser/branches/distances/include/hwloc/helper.h#L629
Usually the topology root object will contain a matrix of distances
between all NUMA nodes, but the interface also support distances between
only children of a non-root object. Right now, we only have latencies in
these distance structures, but we might add distances in terms of "how
many links/routers between us" in the future.

We need to start doing 1.1rc very soon, let's settle the 1.1 API.

Brice