Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc powerpc rhel5 and power7 patch
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-20 12:06:19

Alexey Kardashevskiy, le Fri 17 Sep 2010 20:01:46 +1000, a écrit :
> Regarding topology walking - there is actually nothing device-tree
> special in reading strings and numbers from a device-tree, it is just
> common functions which (I think) should be placed in utils/misc.c. I
> named functions like hwloc_read_str.

Well, there are still the opendir/readdir/etc. functions which are
linux-specific and could be implemented another way on another OS. But
as it is now it's probably simple enough for somebody who'd want to
abstract it.

> Regarding open firmware and device trees - yes, it is IEEE1275 which can
> be implemented anywhere. However, in our case, there are IBM-specific
> properties (ibm,phandle, ibm,ppc-interrupt-server#s) which make all this
> very IBM specific. I do not know how to deal with it better.

It should be fine as it is now: even if ibm,phandle and
ibm,ppc-interrupt-server#s are not there, the L1 cache information
should be properly detected.

Samuel