Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc trouble with the PGI compiler
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-19 10:35:19

Brice Goglin, le Sun 19 Sep 2010 15:44:54 +0200, a écrit :
> I suggest you report the problem to PGI. I looks like it is entirely
> caused by PGI doing strange stuff with sched.h. I'd like a clear
> explanation from PGI of what they're trying to do

I know what they're trying to do: they try to expose the CPU functions
even when the user does not provide _GNU_SOURCE, which from one hand
is a clear violation of the C standard (unexpectedly exposing new
functions), and also is dangerous since they are assuming they know the
underlying implementation, which is not true any more since glibc
changed it... I guess in a newer version they would test for the
presence for the _S variants, and then it would work again, until glibc
changes its underlying implementation again...

Samuel