Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Support for solaris lgrp_affinity_set
From: Terry Dontje (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-20 08:29:18

Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Terry Dontje, le Fri 20 Aug 2010 07:21:56 -0400, a écrit :
>
>> Samuel Thibault wrote:
>>
>>> This is unfortunately not the case on the box we have at INRIA:
>>>
>>> lgrp 0 has 0 children
>>>
>>> while there are two cores on the machine.
>>>
>> That may be due to the version of Solaris you have installed. I am not
>> sure if any of the S10 updates have these premade lgroups. Can you tell
>> me what S10 update you are running.
>>

> I don't think I know how to do this unfortunately :)
>
> #uname -a
> SunOS pipol8 5.10 Generic_137138-09 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
> #cat /etc/release
> Solaris 10 10/08 s10x_u6wos_07b X86

The u6 above is for update 6. I know there is an u8 available but I
cannot guarrantee you it will have the premade lgroup. Actually more I
think about it I bet S10 never will.
> Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
> Use is subject to license terms.
> Assembled 27 October 2008
>

>> I have access to some of these types of machines internally. I believe
>> all of the larger ones are SPARC based. Unfortunately, there is no way
>> I can get you access to them since they are development machines behind
>> our firewall and our policy does not allow for such.
>>
>> Is there a set of tests you would like me to run for you?
>>

> The output of lstopo with --enable-debug given to ./configure should
> already be very good.

Ok, I'll see if I can wrangle some time in the future. Should I send
the results directly to you Samuel?

--td
> Samuel

Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631
Oracle * - Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803

picture