Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Support for solaris lgrp_affinity_set
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-20 07:12:56

Terry Dontje, le Fri 20 Aug 2010 06:42:11 -0400, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault wrote:
> >I eventually added using lgrp_affinity_set(). Not as a replacement for
> >processor_bind, as AIUI, lgrp_affinity_set() doesn't permit to specify
> >precise processors.
>
> I believe (and I might be wrong here) that there are premade lgrps that
> correspond to precise processors.

This is unfortunately not the case on the box we have at INRIA:

lgrp 0 has 0 children

while there are two cores on the machine.

> This is what led me to believe that using lgrp_affinity_set() might
> help in being able to bind to multiple processors.

If there was assurance that there is a lgrp for them, yes, but
apparently it's not always true.

> Unfortunately I don't have the exact particulars to give you. If I get
> some time in the next couple weeks I'll see if I can come up with some
> example code that might be able to do the above.

Actually, what would more helpful would be access to some big solaris
machine, as we (INRIA) currently don't even have access to a NUMA
solaris machine.

Samuel