Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Support for solaris lgrp_affinity_set
From: Terry Dontje (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-20 06:42:11

Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Terry Dontje, le Fri 06 Aug 2010 13:11:30 -0400, a écrit :
>
>> Is anyone looking at replacing the Solaris processor_bind calls with
>> lgrp_affinity_set calls in hwloc?
>>

> I eventually added using lgrp_affinity_set(). Not as a replacement for
> processor_bind, as AIUI, lgrp_affinity_set() doesn't permit to specify
> precise processors.

I believe (and I might be wrong here) that there are premade lgrps that
correspond to precise processors. In another life here at Oracle I've
used OpenSolaris plgrp command to bind processes to lgrps that contained
specific processors. This is what led me to believe that
using lgrp_affinity_set() might help in being able to bind to multiple
processors.

Unfortunately I don't have the exact particulars to give you. If I get
some time in the next couple weeks I'll see if I can come up with some
example code that might be able to do the above.

--
Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631

picture