Subject: [hwloc-devel] Cpuset problem
From: Michael Raymond (mraymond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-22 08:53:47

  I was doing some testing on what's in SVN and I found that the
topology discovery code has a problem when running within a cpuset. On
my 2.6.32 SLES11SP1 box the code calls hwloc_read_linux_cpuset_mask()
with a cgroup mount point and tries to read
/dev/cpuset/<blah>/cpuset.[cpus|mems]. Those files don't exist but
<blah>/[cpus|mems] do. If I change the code to use those files instead
then everything else works.

  It seems that either the formatting for cgroup files is wrong, or the
code thinks it's dealing with cgroups when it's really using cpusets.

--
Michael A. Raymond
Message Passing Toolkit Team