Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc-ps on trunk doesn't seem to do anything
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-25 09:50:05

On Jun 25, 2010, at 9:37 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> > % ./utils/hwloc-ps
>
> I guess it just means you don't have any process bound to some proc.

Ah -- the documentation says:

hwloc-ps

hwloc-ps lists all processes currently running on the machine with their corresponding binding according to the hwloc topology.

And the man page says:

       hwloc-bind - List currently running processes and their binding.

(obvious typo there s/hwloc-bind/hwloc-ps/ -- I'll fix)

...leading me to believe that hwloc-ps shows *all* processes and if any process is bound to something, it'll show what it's bound to.

Sounds like this is just a doc bug, right? If so, I can fix.

For corporate legal information go to: