Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] [hwloc-svn] svn:hwloc r2149
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-28 07:05:04

Good call; thanks for the reminder. Thankfully, hwloc doesn't suffer from such issues (I just sanity checked the trunk and v1.0 to be sure).

IIRC, the main issues in OMPI surrounded the use of its wrapper compilers (i.e., trying to exec something with "gcc -m32" wouldn't work -- you have to split it into multiple tokens so that you only exec "gcc" and pass -m32 as the first argument).

On May 28, 2010, at 6:24 AM, Bert Wesarg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry to chime in so late. Jeff you may remember that I reported a
> similar problem to open-mpi some years ago. But I didn't use
> CFLAGS=-m32 but CC="gcc -m32" and CXX="g++ -m32", which is still in my
> eyes the correct way to pass this flag to all compile commands. The
> problem in open-mpi back than was, that configure didn't handled the
> CC variable with spaces well. I haven't read the whole #35 thread
> through, but just wanted to let you know.
>
> Bye
> Bert

For corporate legal information go to: