Subject: [hwloc-devel] Cacheline sizes
From: Wheeler, Kyle Bruce (kbwheel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-25 14:45:15

I noticed that hwloc doesn't appear to have a way of reporting (minimum) cache line size... which is obviously useful and important for avoiding false-sharing issues. I've been hacking together a way to do it in what passes for a cross-platform method. My code is currently in qthreads (, in the cacheline.c file. Would this be something that the hwloc developers would be interested in integrating into hwloc?

Kyle Wheeler, PhD