Subject: [hwloc-devel] Cacheline sizes
From: Wheeler, Kyle Bruce (kbwheel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-25 14:45:15

Hello!

I noticed that hwloc doesn't appear to have a way of reporting (minimum) cache line size... which is obviously useful and important for avoiding false-sharing issues. I've been hacking together a way to do it in what passes for a cross-platform method. My code is currently in qthreads (http://www.cs.sandia.gov/qthreads/), in the cacheline.c file. Would this be something that the hwloc developers would be interested in integrating into hwloc?

--
Kyle Wheeler, PhD
kbwheel_at_[hidden]