Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc support on windows
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-14 16:58:04

Pavan Balaji, le Fri 14 May 2010 14:49:25 -0500, a écrit :
> Is the support for hwloc on windows only through Cygwin + gcc/icc, etc?

No, it is also through mingw.

> We tried it with the Visual Studio compiler and it breaks

Why not just using the build we provide? It provides the .h and the
.lib that you will need in Visual Studio.

> to be an autotools issue (AC_SEARCH_LIBS seem to use the -lfoo format
> instead of foo.lib format),

Probably. I've never used the combination of autotools and Visual
Studio, and actually never thought it could ever work :)

> but I was curious on what exactly the status of windows support on
> hwloc was.

We build it through mingw and cygwin.

Samuel