Subject: [hwloc-devel] Graceful abort for non-C99 compilers
From: Pavan Balaji (balaji_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-10 21:56:19

I understand that hwloc requires C99 support. However, for compilers
that don't support C99, would you be willing to gracefully abort during
configure instead of failing at make time?

https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/changeset/6634

I agree that most compilers today probably support C99, but whether to
drop C89-only support is a policy decision we are yet to make in MPICH2,
and will need the above patch to get hwloc integrated cleanly in all our
supported environments.

Thanks,

  -- Pavan

--