Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Windows 7 problems
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-03 17:52:49

He says:

GlobalMemoryStatusEx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366589(v=VS.85).aspx

But that doesn't give numa node information. :-\

He's looking to see if he can find another function that gives numa info, but it may take a little time (the windows memory subsystem guy is not available today to ask).

I guess there's 2 options:

1. Take the total amount of memory and divide by the number of numa nodes. This is *probably* accurate on most machines today, but there's probably some machines where it isn't (and/or won't be in the future).

2. Indicate visually that it's the amount of memory available -- not the total memory. (do we document this somewhere, btw? I admit to not having reading the windows docs...?)

On May 3, 2010, at 4:22 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:

> (I'm asking my local Microsoft contact....)
>
> On May 3, 2010, at 4:15 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>
> > Jeff Squyres, le Mon 03 May 2010 15:57:37 -0500, a écrit :
> > > Running lstopo on w7 (64 bit):
> > >
> > > -----
> > > C:\Temp\hwloc>lstopo
> > > Note: GetLogicalProcessorInformationEx was never tested yet!
> > > -----
> >
> > Ooops, it seems I have forgotten to remove it. Now done.
> >
> > > Plus, the memory it reported was the currently free memory, not total memory.
> >
> > Yes. I haven't found a win32 function that provides the total memory.
> >
> > Samuel

> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]

For corporate legal information go to: