Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc_topology_export_xml()
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-21 08:41:34

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Doing some compiler warning validation this morning, it looks like topology-xml.c:hwloc_topology_export_xml() creates a DTD by calling xmlCreateIntSubset() but then never does anything with this DTD.
>
> Is the call to xmlCreateIntSubset() necessary?

I was not very familiar with the libxml API when I wrote this code (and
I am still not).

>From what I remember, this line was necessary if we want "hwloc.dtd" to
appear the XML file header.

> If so, does the resulting dtd need to be used and later freed?

Valgrind looks happy. If I add xmlFreeDtd near the end of the export
function, I am getting some valgrind warnings. So unless somebody really
needs what to do here (in both import and export), I'd just keep things
as they are :)

Brice