Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] dplace
From: Michael Raymond (mraymond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-20 13:09:02

  dplace is a general purpose tool for placing applications and doesn't
know anything about MPI. It does do internal accounting system wide to
spread and pin processes and threads. For example if you run a job with
dplace and tell it to just pin your job anywhere it can and another user
does the same, if there are enough cores / hyperthreads available it
will keep the jobs from being pinned to the same cores / hyperthreads.

Michael A. Raymond
Message Passing Toolkit Team
Silicon Graphics Inc
(651) 683-3434