Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Strange difference
From: Chris Samuel (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-30 05:40:30

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 08:23:52 am Jeff Squyres wrote:

> I think that we need to differentiate between the different meanings of
> "CPU" here -- CPU could also mean "socket", for example...

...so can processor. :-( Really the only unambiguous way I've come across
(so far) describing things is in terms of sockets and cores.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone pointed out an ambiguity in those too!

cheers,
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP