Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Strange difference
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-26 17:35:07

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Mar 26, 2010, at 5:20 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>

>> That's still very large. We are going toward dozens of cores on each
>> sockets, we really need to keep them small :)
>>

> Fair enough. How about still just keeping "P" in the graphic output, then? But "processor" in the prettyprint?

IIRC, somebody said "PU" (for "processing unit") could be a good
solution. Otherwise, I am ok with "Proc" or "Processor", with a small
preference for the former.

By the way, this is also what hwloc_type_string() would return. Unless
we keep it unchanged and just hack lstopo to use its own stringified
type name ?

Brice