Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Strange difference
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-26 13:56:50

On Mar 26, 2010, at 1:25 PM, Brice Goglin wrote:

> The reason was that the "phys" attribute is mostly useless for anything
> but Proc and NUMANode.
> Current other differences when adding -v are:
> * "Proc" if -v instead of "P"

I like "Proc" instead of "P" even for the non-v output. :-)

> * print local memory size

Is the Machine memory size supposed to agree between the two outputs, or does the -v output roll up some sizes together?

Machine (3945MB)
Machine (phys=0 local=4039640KB total=4039640KB)

I'm obviously good with -v having more information. I guess my reaction was because it wasn't just *more* information -- the *same* information was in a different format, and that struck me as weird.

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: