Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] [hwloc-svn] svn:hwloc r1840
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-22 07:40:00

Bert Wesarg, le Mon 22 Mar 2010 12:20:58 +0100, a écrit :
> > -static hwloc_cpuset_t
> > -hwloc_aix_get_thisproc_cpubind(hwloc_topology_t topology, int policy)
> > +static int
> > +hwloc_aix_get_thisproc_cpubind(hwloc_topology_t topology, hwloc_cpuset_t hwloc_set, int policy)
> >  {
> >   rsid_t who = { .at_pid = getpid() };
>
> This one came to my intention while looking over the commit, but
> shouldn't this be topology->pid as of r1837?

It could, but it should not (yet). setpid is supposed to change the
behavior of all functions, not just cpu bindings. For now, this is only
supported on Linux, other OSes will return ENOSYS. I do not know how
to make the AIX backend use the personality of another process for the
topology detection, that is why setpid is not (yet) enabled on it.

Samuel