Subject: [hwloc-devel] Proposal for cpuset API change
From: Bert Wesarg (bert.wesarg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-17 15:00:50

Hi,

I think it is necessary to make a small change to the cpuset API. The
current API was made fit to allow dynamically sized cpusets. I.e. an
alloc/modify/free style life cycle. The problem I see is, from where
should hwloc_cpuset_alloc() get the size of the cpuset? The solution I
see is to pass the hwloc_topology_t into hwloc_cpuset_alloc(), so that
the information comes from there [1].

I haven't looked through the whole tree, if a hwloc_topology_t is
always available at places where hwloc_cpuset_alloc() is called.

Comments?

Regards,
Bert

[1]: linux exposes this as /sys/devices/system/cpu/kernel_max