Subject: [hwloc-devel] processor restriction + lookup of pid for 1.0
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-29 16:48:13

I am looking at the remaining tickets for v1.0. Assuming there are no
"critical" warning anymore, and assuming we have done enough for people
to combine network topologies (manually for now), only 2 ticket remains:
#12 support user-defined processor restriction
#21 Allow lookup of specific PIDs

I understand #12 but I am not sure what #21 actually needs. We would do
a get_cpubind(pid) and then what ? Do a processor restriction as defined
in #12 ? If so, then #12 is included in #21 :) Is there anything else to
do in #21 apart from #12 and lstopo --pid ?

Brice