Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] memory size attributes
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-26 10:09:13

I have pushed some changes in the memoryattrs branch. See the new memory
attributes starting at line 138 of
https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/hwloc/browser/branches/memoryattrs/include/hwloc.h

I am still working on the XML backend. It'd be good if people could
complain about the API before I convert everything else.

Random things to think about:
* should we enforce the ordering of pages size+count structures ? I am
sorting by page size for now
* how is the pages array terminated ? size = 0 ? or both size and count
= 0 ? if some OS fail to give the size of normal pages or huge pages, we
might have count !=0 while size = 0 in some cases.
* or should we add pages_count to the memory strcuture to explictly
store the length of the pages array ?

Brice