Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] memory size attributes
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-19 07:03:55

On Jan 17, 2010, at 6:31 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:

> Right now we have total amount + number of hugepages + size of
> hugepages. I was only talking about modifying the way to store all this
> so as it'd be to easier to add multiple hugepage size x number one day.
> I wasn't talking about adding normal page size x number.

This may be a dumb question, but can there be multiple sized pages?

E.g., can a system of multiple machines have page size X on some machines and page size Y on other machines?

Additionally, I'm a little concerned about saying "hugepage" today, when that might be the normal tomorrow (kind of like calling something "new" -- someday, it won't be new anymore). I'd rather either specify the page size or not; not use an adjective that may or may not have meaning someday / on some platforms.