Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] "file name is too long" error during make distwith libpci branch
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-11 17:50:43

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> I don't think we should let doxygen dictate the code that we write.

Agreed. Headers are already kind of the horrible :)

> 1. make doxy do what we want

Setting SHORT_NAMES to YES in doxygen.cfg seems to help. html and latex
filenames are replaced with things like a00026.html.

But SHORT_NAMES does not rename manpages obviously. Fortunately, the
long filenames are only for useless manpages, things like unions, and we
don't even actually install them. So I tried replacing $(DOX_MAN_DIR) in
make dist with $(man3_MANS) but it doesn't seem to help. I wonder
whether EXTRA_DIST is actually used in doc/Makefile.am.

Anyway, if we're going to drop latex files before building the tarball,
maybe we can drop manpages that are not in $(man3_MANS) too?

Brice