Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] embedding next step
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-15 15:37:28

On Dec 15, 2009, at 1:41 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:

> > I made a test in tests/embedded/ that has its own configure.ac that includes the hwloc.m4, configures it, builds it with a new prefix ("mytest_" instead of "hwloc_") and then links against it in a trivial dummy executable. It all seems to work.
>
> You probably want to use your renaming stuff in tests/embedded/ , right ?

HAH! I *did* at one point, but ripped it out while testing -- I accidentally committed it without the renaming. Which means that I probably broke something along the way...

> > Before I finish the grunt work of the #define's for all the other symbols and macros, can you guys review it and see if there's anything you hate in there?
>
> I am not fully comfortable with having our own copy of PKG_CHECK_MODULES
> or any other standard macro, but I am going to assume they are stable
> enough and they won't change a lot anymore in the future.

Probably not. Additionally, I think we *want* our own copy because we can't necessarily rely on forward compatibility of the PKG_ macros for how we're using them.