Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Disabling X component
From: Ashley Pittman (ashley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-04 06:06:12

On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 11:57 +0100, Brice Goglin wrote:
> Ashley Pittman wrote:
> > I installed the debian package of hwloc yesterday and discovered that
> > the default action of lstopo is to display a window with a picture in.
> > I guess I don't have the right development packages installed for this
> > to be enabled in my local build.
> >
> > In my tool I want to ensure the text version is displayed, padb popping
> > up a number of windows isn't what people will expect or want. Obviously
> > I can unset DISPLAY before calling lstopo but a --no-x or --text-based
> > option would be a nice thing to have as well.
> >

> lstopo - tells lstopo to output on /dev/stdout

So it does, it's even in the second sentence in the man page. Sorry for
the noise. I see there is a -.txt option which is nice as well.

The debian version of -.txt (lstopo 0.9.3rc1) leaves my terminal with
the colours inverted after I call it, I have to do a reset to get back
to black on grey background.

Ashley,

--
Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.