Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc in Debian, anybody working on RPMs?
From: Tony Breeds (tony_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-18 22:49:48

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 02:52:24AM +0100, Brice Goglin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Samuel uploaded hwloc packages into Debian (if you don't run amd64,
> you'll have to wait a bit before packages a rebuilt for your
> architecture), it should be in Ubuntu fairly soon as well.
>
> Is anybody familiar with building RPMs? It'd be good to have RPM
> packages for the major RPM-based distrib. Or even better, it'd be great
> to have somebody add packages to redhat/suse/...

I have he beginings of a Fedora package.

Using the 0.9.2 tarball the version on the .so is "0.0.0". This doesn't seem
"right". I'm happy to code up the libtool fu to make the so version match the
package version but is that what we want? I don't really expect that the ABI
to change that regularly.

You can get the rpms for Fedora 12 at:
They certainly wouldn't pass QA but if people want to play/provide feedback.

Also I'm hapy to make the .spec file work on *suse* if it doesn't already.

FWIW I'm the Feora maintainer for the "other" libtopology[1] ;P

Yours Tony

[1] http://libtopology.ozlabs.org/