Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Fwd: Make fails on MacosX 10.6.2
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-17 08:28:52

I discussed directly with Emmanuel, here is the result.

Emmanuel Jeannot, le Mon 16 Nov 2009 14:57:32 +0100, a écrit :
> This is probably a fink bug but maybe the configure script should detect it:

> checking for XML... yes

Here ./configure asked pkg-config which libxml2 to use, and it answered
the one from /sw/lib

> ld: warning: in /sw/lib/libxml2.dylib, file is not of required architecture

But that's not something that can be used for compilations...

Apparently fink happily installs a mixture of 32 and 64bit libraries,
including their .pc files...

That means that after PKG_CHECK_MODULES() we'd have to check whether gcc
can really use the result, to fix fink's bug...

Samuel