Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] [hwloc-svn] svn:hwloc r1333
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-11 19:22:58

Another way to go is in hwloc_plpa_sched_setaffinity put in
#ifdef HWLOC_LINUX_SYS some code that calls the internal
hwloc_linux_set_tid_cpubind (with a strong comment that nobody else
should call it), so that

- existing linux plpa users can have the same behavior, but we can
  document here that calling hwloc_plpa_sched_setaffinity with a pid
  different than zero portably means something only for single-threaded
  processes.
- non-linux plpa users are restricted to what really is portable.
- we don't have to cripple the hwloc interface (i.e. document that we
  accept non-portable input) just for the linuxish interface.

Samuel