Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] [hwloc-svn] svn:hwloc r1330
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-11 16:29:13

Jeff Squyres, le Wed 11 Nov 2009 05:54:00 -0800, a écrit :
> How about HWLOC_UNSUPPORTED_SYS?

I don't think it's a good idea to make it a compile-time thing rather
than a runtime-time thing: if we expose to the application the fact
that the OS on which the application is building is not supported, it
may disable some parts of its internals, even if later a newer version
hwloc that does support the system gets installed, and then the user
would have to recompile its application in order to get the application
support compiled.

Samuel