Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc-0.9.1rc3 fails with pgcc
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-29 19:01:11

Pavan Balaji, le Thu 29 Oct 2009 16:14:23 -0500, a écrit :
> /*
> * Copyright 2009, STMicroelectronics, Incorporated.
> * All rights reserved.
> */
>
> /*
> Enable the __CPU definitons hidden by __USE_GNU
> */

> #include_next<sched.h>
>
> /* Access macros for `cpu_set'. */
> #define CPU_SET(cpu, cpusetp) __CPU_SET (cpu, cpusetp)

How ugly. Can just not work with recent Linux glibcs...

> /* 3.3 and above version */
> /* Set the CPU affinity for a task */
> extern int sched_setaffinity (__pid_t __pid, size_t __cpusetsize,
> __const cpu_set_t *__cpuset) __THROW;

And that can not work with old glibcs...

A bug report should really be sent to pgcc, as this header can only work
with only work with some internal of glibc versions...

In the meanwhile, I have commited detection code, could you check the
svn version from
https://svn.open-mpi.org/svn/hwloc/branches/v0.9
?

Samuel