Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] [hwloc] #21: Allow lookup of specific PIDs
From: Ashley Pittman (ashley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-22 10:26:48

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 16:15 +0200, Brice Goglin wrote:
> > I've added the code to padb to run this against jobs, you can now do
> > "padb -a --lstopo -c" to see information about hosts where your jobs are
> > running.
> >
> > http://code.google.com/p/padb/source/detail?r=297
> >

> I thought you wanted the topology of the whole machine, not only the
> current cpuset? If so, you want to add --whole-system to the lstopo
> command-line.

That's exactly what the code I've just committed does.

Padb targets existing jobs but is also a parallel job itself, what would
be best would be if the padb job could report the topology for the
existing job by either supplying the pid or cpuset to lstopo.

Ashley,

--
Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.
http://padb.pittman.org.uk