Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] v0.9 branch
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-21 15:43:07

Now that I try to implement it, I remember why an inline is convenient:
it doesn't require any build-time/run-time dependency unless you really
use it. If we make this code non-inline, we actually need libibverbs at
build time and runtime. Distro packages will have to depend on
libibverbs, and we'll get lots of complaints. Same for linux-libnuma.h
and maybe nvidia cuda one day :) So we'll probably end up splitting this
code out of libhwloc.so and make a libhwloc-openfabrics-verbs.so.

Brice