Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] MPICH2 question
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-21 13:50:42

On Oct 21, 2009, at 1:18 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> > configuring/building hwloc with icc results in a *lot*
> > of warnings; I didn't test functionality).
>
> Mmm, I have already successfully tested with icc9.
>
> The kind of warnings I've seen were not worth fixing to my mind:
> unused
> parameters, mostly, are you using some particular option?

I didn't look closely at what the warnings were -- I just saw a lot of
them go by. I can look closer.

I didn't use any particular configure options -- just --prefix. This
was on RHEL4 using icc 11.1.056 (I just updated my intel compilers
this morning to the latest latest latest).

(/me looks closer)

Wow, you're right -- there's *truckloads* of variable-never-referenced
and variable-set-but-not-used warnings. Those should be cleaned up
IMHO, but they can wait until after 0.9.1, also IMHO. I'll file a
ticket against 1.0.

My pathscale compiler license has expired, and the license server for
my PGI license has gone down -- so I can't check any other compilers
at the moment.