Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] ibverbs -> not just infiniband!
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-21 08:41:43

On Oct 21, 2009, at 8:23 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:

> > So I think the name would be better as of-verbs.h, or
> > openfabrics-verbs.h, or ...
>
> I'd vote for or openfabrics-verbs.h then :)

Ok. Sorry for all the lengthy explanations -- these brands/names are
not well differentiated to the common observer (IMHO). :-(

I'll do the grunt work for the renaming.

> > Fair enough -- I have no problems #if LINUX'ing it for this release.
> > Mebbe someday if/when verbs is officially released on Solaris and
> > Windows and if we get adventurous enough, we can test on those
> > platforms and remove the #if LINUX protection. Cool?
>
> Or, we could install it only on Linux for now? (and document this in
> the
> doxyfile)

Ok. I'll add a test for that. We're safe for the moment, because I
don't think Sun has yet released their verbs stack publicly, nor do I
think the Windows verbs effort is ready yet, either (but I really only
very very loosely track these efforts, so I could be totally wrong).
It'll help future-proof us for when these plaforms' verbs stacks are
available -- we'll know to do proper testing at that point.