Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] release status
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-05 10:34:18

Fawzi Mohamed wrote:
> ok as I said to me it is not so strange (maybe init/clear would be a
> better name though), but indeed it might confuse people, so probably
> better avoid it.
> Force the user to to the right thing is better.
>
> So the question remains, opaque + functions, or public...

I haven't had time to actually fully implement this yet, but my last
plan was opaque pointer + functions such as:
    hwloc_cpuset_t hwloc_cpuset_alloc(void);
    void hwloc_cpuset_destroy(hwloc_cpuset_t cpuset);
    hwloc_cpuset_t hwloc_cpuset_copy(hwloc_cpuset_t cpuset);
with
    typedef struct hwloc_cpuset_s * hwloc_cpuset_t;

Brice