Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] release status
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-02 13:53:48

On Oct 2, 2009, at 1:39 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> I also think inlining doesn't bring much performance compared to the
> cost of parsing a cpuset.
>
> > You'll get warnings from the linker about how the struct changed
> size.
>
> Ah, in the static case, yes. But in our case cpusets would always be
> dynamically allocated.

It's not the size of the array in the cpuset struct that matters --
it's the size of the struct.

Are there any global constants akin to MPI_COMM_WORLD? (e.g., an empty
cpuset, or a full cpuset) I *think* that we only run into problems if
we use global constants provided by the library. But it might be
worth testing the example I sent before, even with dynamically
allocated handles. Linkers are deep, dark voodoo with unexpected
corner cases in round rooms. :-)