Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] restricted topology (& topology changes)
From: Fawzi Mohamed (fawzi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-27 17:31:07

On 27-set-09, at 15:34, Samuel Thibault wrote:

>>> There is usually no inotify support for virtual files. I've
>>> just tested that it doesn't work for /sys/bus/usb/devices for
>>> instance. We'll have to ask kernel developers for it.
>>
>> ok just as information osx has such a callback if possible it would
>> be
>> nice to have such functionality abstracted away...
>
> Do you know how it is called?

I have looked for it, and was not able to find the documentation
again, I suppose that registering for power management changes and
check if for example hw.activecpu changed should do the trick, but I
cannot track down the place where I had read something about it...

> (problem with macosx is that it doesn't support processor binding
> anyway...)

yes it is possible just to group threads that should stay together...

Fawzi