Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] nightly tarballs
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-26 08:15:04

On Sep 26, 2009, at 5:52 AM, Nathalie Furmento wrote:

> Would it not be easier to have the nightly tarball emails sent to a
> specific mailing list ? It would then be easier to search through it.
> One might say creating a new mailing list just for that is not
> really a
> good idea, but as for myself, i always liked the idea of "separation
> of
> concerns".

This is actually how we do it in the main OMPI project; nightly
tarball mails go to a specific list just for testing results. I don't
really care if we do that here; I'm sure that Indiana U. wouldn't care
about creating another list. If that's what we want, just let me know.

> Apart from that, I really like the email sent by the friendly
> daemon :-)

Trivia: that signature tagline has roots from many, many years ago
when I was writing software for my dad's hardware store (nightly cash
register reports from a 486 running xenix!). :-)