Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Cache size/sharing errors on 8x4 Opteron system
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-22 10:52:22

Samuel Thibault, le Tue 22 Sep 2009 16:44:11 +0200, a écrit :
> I'm afraid the bug is most probably in the kernel,

BTW, I know that on x86 at least glibc and libgomp use the cpuid
instruction themselves to discover the cpu topology. Such backend could
be written to compensate for kernel bugs, but it's not necessarily clear
whether it would be easy to decide at runtime which one between linux
and such backend is right (because more up-to-date). It would however
be useful for OSes which don't export this kind of information.

Samuel