Subject: [hwloc-devel] doxygen, help2man
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-21 09:48:44

Ugh. Integrating the "make dist" process with this stuff is
surprisingly difficult.

I'm still trying to fix "make dist" (and distcheck) for VPATH builds.
I may admit defeat on this, and only allow "make dist" to work in non-
VPATH builds (the contrib/dist/make_dist_tarball script only works in
non-VPATH builds; it checks right up near the top). Would that be
horrible if I didn't allow non-VPATH dist/distcheck?

Additionally, I found a tachyon (ha!) in utils/Makefile.am in terms of
"make dist": the man pages depend on the executables (because the man
pages are generated via "help2man"). This is a problem if you:

svn co ...
./autogen.sh
./configure
make dist

The dist will fail because the executables are built, but then fail
because libhwloc.la does not exist. I noticed this when I was trying
to setup nightly tarballs for hwloc. I will file a ticket about this;
I'm not quite sure what the solution is yet.