Subject: [hwloc-devel] svn up -- doh
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-16 08:41:16

Gah; sorry, I did it again. When you "svn up", you'll get this:

svn: Failed to add file 'doc/www.open-mpi.org.cfg': an unversioned
file of the same name already exists

Just rm doc/www.open-mpi.org.cfg and "svn up" again, and it'll be fine.

======

If you care why:

The issue is that I used to have www.open-mpi.org.cfg generated by
configure.ac, so there was a file named www.open-mpi.org.cfg.in, and
the .cfg version was svn:ignore'd. I changed the build system (for
various uninteresting reasons) to *not* generate the .cfg file -- so I
svn rm'ed the .cfg.in file and svn add'ed the .cfg file. Hence, when
you "svn up", the old, generated .cfg file is there that svn now has
now knowledge of (because it's no longer svn:ignore'd). Being
conservative, svn says "hmm, I need to put in a .cfg file, but there's
already a file there -- I won't overwrite it and will let a human
figure it out."