The Hardware Locality (hwloc) team is pleased to announce the release
v1.9 is a major new release series.
It adds a couple enhanced API functions, many object attributes for
better representing CPU and I/O device characteristics, and more.
+ Add hwloc_obj_type_sscanf() to extend hwloc_obj_type_of_string() with
type-specific attributes such as Cache/Group depth and Cache type.
hwloc_obj_type_of_string() is moved to hwloc/deprecated.h.
+ Add hwloc_linux_get_tid_last_cpu_location() for retrieving the
last CPU where a Linux thread given by TID ran.
+ Add hwloc_distrib() to extend the old hwloc_distribute[v]() functions.
hwloc_distribute[v]() is moved to hwloc/deprecated.h.
+ Don't mix total and local memory when displaying verbose object attributes
with hwloc_obj_attr_snprintf() or in lstopo.
+ Add CPUVendor, CPUModelNumber and CPUFamilyNumber info attributes for
x86, ia64 and Xeon Phi sockets on Linux, to extend the x86-specific
support added in v1.8.1. Requested by Ralph Castain.
+ Add many CPU- and Platform-related info attributes on ARM and POWER
platforms, in the Machine and Socket objects.
+ Add CUDA info attributes describing the number of multiprocessors and
cores and the size of the global, shared and L2 cache memories in CUDA
+ Add OpenCL info attributes describing the number of compute units and
the global memory size in OpenCL OS devices.
+ The synthetic backend now accepts extended types such as L2Cache, L1i or
Group3. lstopo also exports synthetic strings using these extended types.
- Do not overwrite output files by default anymore.
Pass -f or --force to enforce it.
- Display OpenCL, CUDA and Xeon Phi numbers of cores and memory sizes
in the graphical output.
- Fix export to stdout when specifying a Cairo-based output type
- Add -e or --get-last-cpu-location to report where processes/threads
run instead of where they are bound.
- Report locations as likely-more-useful objects such as Cores or Sockets
instead of Caches when possible.
- Fix failure on Windows when not using --pid.
- Add -e as a synonym to --get-last-cpu-location.
- Add --reverse to distribute using last objects first and singlify
into last bits first. Thanks to Jirka Hladky for the suggestion.
- Report unified caches when looking for data or instruction cache
+ Add experimental Visual Studio support under contrib/windows.
Thanks to Eloi Gaudry for his help and for providing the first draft.
+ Fix some overzealous assertions and warnings about the ordering of
objects on a level with respect to cpusets. The ordering is only
guaranteed for complete cpusets (based on the first bit in sets).
+ Fix some memory leaks when importing xml diffs and when exporting a
"too complex" entry.
Changes since v1.9rc1 only consists in minor documentation updates.