Open MPI logo

Hardware Locality announce Mailing List Archives

Subject: [hwloc-announce] Hardware locality (hwloc) v1.5.1rc1 released
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-11 06:34:59

The Hardware Locality (hwloc) team is pleased to announce the first
release candidate of v1.5.1:

   http://www.open-mpi.org/projects/hwloc/

v1.5.1 is a bug fix release which addresses all known bugs in the
v1.5 serie. The following is a summary of the changes since v1.5:

* Fix block OS device detection on Linux kernel 3.3 and later.
  Thanks to Guy Streeter for reporting the problem and testing the fix.
* Fix the cpuid code in the x86 backend (for FreeBSD). Thanks to
  Sebastian Kuzminsky for reporting problems and testing patches.
* Fix 64bit detection on FreeBSD.
* Fix some corner cases in the management of the thissystem flag with
  respect to topology flags and environment variables.
* Make sure we do not miss some block OS devices on old Linux kernels
  when a single PCI device has multiple IDE hosts/devices behind it.
* Do not disable I/O devices or instruction caches in hwloc-assembler output.

--
Brice