Open MPI logo

Docs Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [OMPI docs] Behavior of --host and --hostfile flags on mpirun
From: Kelly Black (kjblack_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-04 16:39:22

Hello,

I apologize for the long time away from this. Last semester was a bit
insane here with my teaching load. I finally got some things cleared up and
can start looking at this again. I gave this a try on a machine here and
got mixed results. Part of the problem is that our local implementation of
the submission system seems to be ignoring the host and hostfile
specification and allocating nodes as it sees fit.

I will try to find another machine to test this on. I tried it on my
desktop machine playing around with localhost versus the fully qualified
domain name, but openmpi seems to be outsmarting me and recognizing that it
is all the same ip address.

Sincerely,
Kel
Kelly Black Phone: (315) 600-8334
Clarkson University Fax: (315) 268-2371
Department of Math. & C.S.
PO Box 5815
Potsdam, NY 13699-5815
USA

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres_at_[hidden]