Open MPI logo

Docs Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [OMPI docs] How to compile OpenMPI applications?
From: Özgür Pekçağlıyan (ozgur.pekcagliyan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-24 12:19:24

I really don't understand what you want to do. Do you want to create a new
compiler or want to know how to compile?

If you want to know how to compile, here is some easy steps which you can
check;

basically command works like this;

mpicc inpit_file.c -o output_file
and you run it like
mpirun -np 2 output_file

if you want documentation you can write this on a terminal;

man mpicc

finally you can refer to web site of my teacher;

http://siber.cankaya.edu.tr/ozdogan/GraduateParallelComputing/Fall2011/index.html#CourseSchedule
|outline

hope this helps.

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Leonardo Fialho
<leonardofialho_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> If I'm not wrong, you just have to link the right libraries and be sure
> the preprocessor will find the header files. Usually, the mpicc is a
> compiler wraper that does that for you. Check if actually it is not a
> script that you can just change the content to adapt it to your necessities.
>
> On Aug 24, 2013, at 10:02 AM, manday_at_[hidden] wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > without mpicc, documentation of the general requirements. mpicc --showme
> > will just give an example, that's not what I meant when I referred to
> > "documentation".
> >
> > Freely rephrased, I'm looking for documentation which would
> > theoretically allow me to write a working mpicc myself (although that is
> > obviously not my goal).
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> > On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 07:34:07AM -0700, Ralph Castain wrote:
> >> Just type "mpicc --showme" and it will tell you the cmd line

> OpenMPI
> mpicc)?

Özgür Pekçağlıyan
B.Sc. in Computer Engineering