Open MPI logo

Docs Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [OMPI docs] OOO environment
From: Richard Friedman (rchrd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-03 13:07:30

Good idea.
I don't have a template ready, but the oooauthors.org site has a sample blank page that can be used as a "template".

It's here:
http://oooauthors.org/en/authors/userguide2/resources/chapter_template_V2.odt
There's also a set of style guides:
Style Guide, the Writing OOo Guides, and the Template How-to

The template file would have to be modified with the appropriate info for MPI-Forum.

But, its a good start.

<R>

Jeff Squyres wrote:
Richard --

Do you have a template document that can be used for the
documentation, and perhaps a short mockup document of what it could
look like in the various output formats (html, pdf, ...etc.)?

I ask because the MPI Forum is starting up again, and this
conversation here about Open MPI documentation makes me think that a
similar discussion would be beneficial for the official MPI Forum
documents (e.g., the MPI-2.1, MPI-2.2, and MPI-3.0 spec documents).
Having something concrete to show to the Forum would be most helpful.